Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Beginnings, Ends, and Middles

Well, tomorrow is a big day. It marks the end of a chapter in my life that began 7.5 years ago. It brought me much joy, and happiness; but it has also brought tears. Tomorrow, there will be one less thing to worry about, but what seems like and infinite number of new things that will always be in the back of my mind.

I hope that I can use this opportunity to show Jackie how a strong woman would act, and react to hardships, and how leaning on Christ can pull you through anything that is thrown at you. For it is strictly because Him, that I am really at peace, in a way that I would have never understood before. Of course I have my ups and downs, get frustrated, and angry. But then I'm reminded that in all reality, in spirituality, I truly am in a better place than I have ever been. I hope that my friends and family continue being the wonderful people that they are, allowing me to use their shoulders to cry on; but also that they allow me to return their favors, and let me help bring them up now that this chapter is closing.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to write another post about closure, with a perspective buyer for the house we used to live in. It'll be hard looking at it as someone else's home from now on, but I'll always have the memories that were made there.

I'll Leave you with a song, that was sung tonight, and it really went with the Word that we read. It was about the parable of the dinner party, where people were invited to this extravagant dinner, yet when they were told to come- they all made excuses that were obviously made just to get out of the party. So, the host gathered any and everyone else they could find to fill their home...stating that those originally invited would not taste of the feast to be had. It made me think... how many times to we make excuses? and we know they aren't valid reasons... whether its spiritually, with exercise, with food, work, money... We as people need to start taking responsibility and become accountable. But after that scripture "Your Love Never Fails" was sung and it almost made it sting a little more... Even though we make excuses as to why we do or don't do something... God's love will never fail us.. He will always be there, holding the lamp that will light the way to come back to him.


Nothing can separate
Even if I ran away
Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes
But You have new mercies for me everyday
Your love never fails

Chorus:
You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage
I don't have to be afraid
Because I know that You love me
Your love never fails

Verse 2:
The wind is strong and the water's deep
But I'm not alone here in these open seas
Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide
I never thought I'd reach the other side
But Your love never fails

Bridge:
You make all things work together for my good

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jesus_culture/

No comments:

Post a Comment