Saturday, June 4, 2011

encouragement and faith

So yesterday was a friends birthday party and it was really good to be able to sit and talk with friends. I really miss them!!! I have to say that I'm feeling better about myself and my motivation to really get going on this "wellness" track that I'm on. I'm happier, smiling more, and enjoying the scenes that are around me more. I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep up the good work, and get moving more so that I can start to see the pounds melt away as I did before when I actually had time to go to the gym for an hour everyday!! ha!

I'm also feeling a little frustrated at the fact that I'm not understanding fully the radical faith that I know some of my friends/family have. I understand that they have it... I suppose its really the fact that I'm jealous that I don't think I have the same level of faithfullness as they do. I can feel my heart yearning for something more.. and I know that God is one who can fill that void... however, I'm perplexed at how to go about getting there. I'm wanting to finish a book called Radical: Taking back your faith from the American Dream by David Platt. I only got 50 pages into it, but it brings up some very good points that I'm interested in investigating further.

I think that is all for today... I'm hoping that today continues to go fast... I'm ready for my weekend to be here again!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment